The Slice Fall 2019: How to be a Cultured Floridian
Experience the stories beyond the pages of Flamingo with a curated list, inspired by this edition, of things to see, hear, eat, drink, shop and do.
1 . Find that lost shaker of salt with Florida-based vida de louie tequila.
Every Floridian’s next Caribbean adventure should begin with a pinch of salt, a squeeze of lime and a generous pour of vida de louie tequila. When its makers set out to craft a superior blend to capture the “spirit of the islands,” they began with an ingredient profile and a process that distills the notes of the Caribbean’s locally-grown citrus and essence of its crystal blue waters. Launched one year ago, a double-aeration process results in a remarkably smooth finish for every bottle. Find vida de louie behind the bar at hundreds of locations across the Sunshine State, from hot-spot restaurants and luxury resorts to neighborhood liquor stores and sandy beach bars. Most recently, vida de louie’s founders kicked off a fundraising campaign to support those in Bahamas impacted by hurricane Dorian. To find out how to help, visit vidadelouie.com.
2 . Watch Bert Kreischer’s Netflix comedy special, Secret Time.
3. Peruse Sublime Original online for that perfect organic touch.
4. Listen to the new Tedeschi Trucks Band album, Signs
5. See artist Marilyn Minter and her latest works up close at Art Basel Miami
6. Impress friends by making an amazing grazer board for your next party.
7. Elevate your wardrobe by shopping Silvia Tcherassi’s fall-winter 2019 collection.
8. Follow E! News host Jason Kennedy on social media for an insider’s view of celebrity life, @thejasonkennedy.
9. Toast to fall
Because specialty Bacardi cocktails are just more fun.
- 1½ parts BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro
- ½ Part ST GERMAIN® Elderflower Liqueur
- ¼ part honey
- ¾ part lemon juice
- 2 blackberries
Top with MARTINI & ROSSI® prosecco
Blackberry-speared purple orchid for garnish.