Chef Kathleen Blake Shares her Recipe for Heirloom Tomatoes & Creamy Brie
HEIRLOOM TOMATOES & CREAMY BRIE
- 1 pound ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 cup softened brie cheese, rind removed
- High-quality olive oil to taste
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- Arugula or sunflower sprouts
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
PREPARATION: Slice tomatoes into wedges and rounds. In the work bowl of a food processor puree half-and-half and brie. Smear the brie mixture onto a serving plate. Arrange tomato wedges and rounds on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Garnish with greens or sprouts and freshly cracked black pepper.
Read how Chef Blake realized her dream of opening The Rusty Spoon.