by The Editors | July 11, 2017
Bird’s Eye View: Downtown Stuart
Moor your boat at Sunset Bay Marina and test those sea legs in downtown Stuart.
Illustration by Leslie Chalfont
- DOWNTOWN STUART BOARDWALK Meander and gander at the St. Lucie River and the Roosevelt Bridge 121 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- STUART GREEN MARKET On Sunday mornings, this open-air shopper’s delight has local goodies. 121 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- STUART HERITAGE MUSEUM Step inside this renovated building from 1901 to discover the city’s pioneer and pineapple days. 161 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- SAILFISH FOUNTAIN In 2003, Geoffrey C. Smith sculpted this 18-foot monument, an iconic symbol of the Sailfish Capital of the World. S.W. St. Lucie Ave.
- LYRIC THEATRE Though it launched in 1926, it’s churning out hot acts all summer, like the Bacon Brothers. 59 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- STUART BOATHOUSE Enjoy water while noshing on small bites and listening to live music on weekends. 49 S.W. Seminole St.
- STUART COFFEE COMPANY Run by a sweet couple, this fun coffee house whips up a latte more than java. 55 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- LUNA DOWNTOWN STUART An Italian gem with signature garlic knots, oven-fired pizza or savory pasta. 49 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- RARE EARTH GALLERY This airy space showcases regional art. 41 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- OSCEOLA STREET CAFE The former coffee shop turned Stuart standard now serves lunch and dinner. 26 S.W. Osceola St.
- MATILDA’S A coastal shop with beach chic clothes and more. 15 S.W. Flagler Ave.
- OLD COLORADO INN Built in 1890, it’s a comfy, updated crash pad outfitted with tropical touches. 211 S. Colorado Ave.
- NOODLE WORLD SUSHI & THAI Dine al fresco and satisfy cravings for Asian fusion with sushi rolls and pho. 7 S.E Osceola St.
- THE NAMASTE GRILL A Zen experience for Nepalese and Indian cuisine. 333 S.E. Ocean Blvd.
- RESORT AT HOME This designer’s haven has a fabric collection named after Treasure Coast spots. 321 S.E. Osceola St.
- CHAOS FISHING ADVENTURES Capt. Jonathan Earhart knows when the fish are running, and most importantly, where to hook ‘em: inshore, nearshore or offshore. 3565 S.E. St. Lucie Blvd.