by Brandon McGlamery | November 24, 2016
Pompano by Prato
POMPANO WITH CHARRED TOMATOES AND SCALLIONS AND ARTICHOKE-OLIVE RELISH
- 4 6 ounce fillets, with skin Extra virgin olive oil for searing
PREPARATION: Drizzle a non-stick pan with olive oil and sear the pompano skinside down for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat, then flip and finish cooking for 2 minutes.
CHARRED TOMATOES AND SCALLIONS
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 24 scallions, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lemon
PREPARATION: Toss the tomatoes and scallions in the olive oil, then char them in a hot pan. Remove from heat. Let cool and season with 1/4 lemon right before serving.
- 2 artichoke hearts, grilled
- 1/8 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 1/8 cup Sicilian olives, pitted
- 1 anchovy fillet, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Handful basil leaves to garnish
PREPARATION: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Salt to taste. Hand-tear a few basil leaves and sprinkle on top.