by The Editors | December 23, 2018
Bird’s Eye View: Not So Sleepy Siesta Key
Explore our favorite spots in this quaint beach town off Sarasota
Illustration by Leslie Chalfont
- SIESTA KEY OYSTER BAR The locals’ favorite for fresh oysters, innovative cuisine and cool cocktails
5238 Ocean Blvd.
- BIG OLAF CREAMERY Hand mixed ice creams and yogurts made by local Amish craftsmen
5208 Ocean Blvd.
- THE COTTAGE Prepared by foodies, for foodies, with inventive offerings inspired by a variety of food cultures
153 Avenida Messina
- DAVIDSON DRUGS A local landmark and one-stop shop for pharmaceutical needs, including home health equipment, nutritional products, and medications
5124 Ocean Blvd.
- OLD SALTY DOG This dog-friendly spot serves favorites like shrimp and its signature hot dog. 5023 Ocean Blvd.
- SUN GARDEN CAFE Cozy atmosphere with healthy and hearty breakfast or lunch made with the finest local ingredients
240 Avenida Madera
- THE BEACH CLUB Live music, food, and drinks located in the heart of the Siesta Village
5151 Ocean Blvd.
- MORTON’S SIESTA MARKET Siesta Key’s go-to market, with fresh groceries you can have delivered right to your door
205 Canal Road
- LELU COFFEE LOUNGE Local favorite tropical Cuban-style coffee house serving breakfast and lunch daily
5251 Ocean Blvd.
- SPEARFISH GRILL Turning out quality interpretations of classic dishes, as well as creative island food and fresh local fish
1265 Old Stickney Point Road
- CB’S SALTWATER OUTFITTERS Siesta Key’s largest on-the-water bait and tackle shop with boat rentals, fishing charters and jet skis
1249 Stickney Point Road
- OPHELIA’S ON THE BAY Where Sarasota’s discerning palates go for waterfront fine dining, situated on Little Sarasota Bay
9105 Midnight Pass Road